To our CUDAS Members,
As we all know, the
best offense is a good defence, and when it comes to the spread of viruses,
prevention is key.
In an effort to
help educate everyone in best practices to help control the spread of COVID-19 and
keep our players safe, we encourage you to review the following guidelines carefully
and reach out with any questions or concerns.
What can we do within the BGHC to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Players should be accountable for all equipment and not share clothing, or personal items
- Gloves should remain on and Fist-Bump in place of shaking hands post-game
- Every player and staff member should have their own water bottle at all practices and games to prevent the transmission of viruses and bacteria
- Bottles should be labelled and washed after each practice or game
- Avoid sharing food and beverages in the change room/post-games Ie: team snack, cupcakes, holiday treats
- Practice cough etiquette – encourage your players to be respectful of their trainers, coaches and fellow players (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, wash hands)
- Avoid touching the face/nose to reduce the chance of passing an infection on to themselves or others
- Team members should be encouraged to self-report if they feel ill
- Parents are urged to keep their children away from the hockey environment if they are showing any signs of illness
- Monitor travel restrictions on the Government of Canada Travel Advisory website, which can be found at https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories.
Please speak with your player and remind them that proper hygienic practices will help to maintain a healthy team environment and reduce the risks of illness for all.
The BGHC Board of Directors
BGHC | The Burlington Girls Hockey Club
952 Century Dr. | Burlington, ON | L7L 5P2
905.631.0000 ext. 203 | http://www.bghc.ca/