We thank all our BGHC members for their quick attention and support of the direction that has come from Hockey Canada and the OWHA regarding the 2019/2020 hockey season and the state of hockey moving forward. As with a hockey team, the world has come together, uniting in a common goal to manage and defeat COVID 19.
Please be advised of some general updates:
- The BGHC web site is updated as important information becomes available.
- We are circulating updates via our website and social channels and ask this information be shared as widely as possible.
- Our business office is now closed to the general public.
- We are currently doing our financial reconciliation and will be in touch with independent representative and DS teams as this progresses. This may take to mid/late April as we await information from the OWHA and other relevant organizations.
- Representative teams: updates will be provided to team managers once confirmation has been received from the OWHA regarding financial aspects from the cancellation of the provincial tournaments.
- DS teams: updates will be provided to team managers once confirmation has been received from Leaside and Brampton regarding financial aspects from the cancellation of these tournaments.
- There is no clear time frame for when hockey activities may resume.
- We are working on contingency plans for various activities.
- Our first business priority remains receiving updates through hockey and government and sharing information with you, our members.
We are proud of all the efforts our athletes and members have put forth this past season and we know we will rise from this challenge as a stronger community.
The BGHC Board of Directors